At Alphascript, our mission is to improve the health and quality of the lives of the patients that we serve.
We prioritize the health and well-being of our patients and employees every day, which becomes especially important during times like these with the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). With that in mind, we want to provide education on infection control and inform our patients and clients of some of the measures we are undertaking to lessen the spread of the virus.
About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The coronavirus is a respiratory disease that was first detected in China. It has now spread to more than 100 locations internationally, including several locations throughout the United States. For the majority of people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus is low, though the CDC anticipates widespread transmission of COVID-19 at some point. You can protect yourself from respiratory illnesses by taking simple preventative actions.
Infection Control Measures for You to Practice
- Practice hand hygiene. The most important and effective way to stop the spread of a virus is to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water. Check out these tips from the CDC.
- Use hand sanitizer. If you cannot wash your hands, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Disinfect your environment. Use a disinfectant spray or wipe to clean your counters, phone, desk, etc.
- Wear a mask. Masks should be used when social distancing is not possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Distance yourself from others if you are sick. When possible, avoid contact with others, including staying home from work or school.
What We’re Doing at Alphascript
Alphascript has always held the health and wellness of our employees in high regard. With that in mind, we regularly disinfect all high-touch employee areas, including workstations, break rooms, etc. We are being especially vigilant in doing this to decrease the spread of coronavirus.
We also offer paid sick leave to all our full-time employees because we believe that people shouldn’t have to choose between their health and their work. Health is our number one priority and we know that our employees must be at their best to provide the best possible care for our patients.
If you have questions or concerns about the coronavirus, what you can do to lessen the spread or how it might impact your care from Alphascript, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 412-4530.